Moving Sorted Ltd operates the https://www.movingsorted.com/ website.
The website contains information on conveyancing and home surveys which should be used for information purposes only. Conveyancing quotes are provided by The Move Home Group Ltd Company number 10642570
The Move Home Group (“us”, “we”, or “our”)
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User)
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
The Data Controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) The Move Home Group
The Move Home Group Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 12/11/2019
Your information and how its used
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Provide the quote request details to other solicitors, conveyancers and our partners who provide services that you have requested or that are part of the home moving process who will then contact you with quotes via email/phone/SMS. We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any further parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We process your data under the ‘legitimate interest’ basis of GDPR so that our service can remain free to users. Partner companies have agreed to process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all applicable laws – You reserve the same rights with partner companies as you do with us under clause 9. However, we are not in control of the processes or policies of partner companies who may provide you with quotes and/or services; by using this service, you agree that we are not liable for any breach of GDPR or other applicable laws by partner companies, and indemnify us against any such breaches.
- We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used
- Contact you to discuss your quotes or gather feedback on the service or service providers. We may contact you by email/phone/SMS. You can opt out of any SMS messages by replying “STOP”.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests, or to measure the relevance and effectiveness of our advertising.
- We do not store any financial data on our servers – we use third party, PCI compliant processors for financial data (credit/debit card data, bank details).
- We may invite you to opt-in to receive emails helping you to get quotes for other, related services. We process this data using the “consent” basis of GDPR. Your personal details will only be used to send you notifications you have requested and for no other purpose. At this stage, your details are not shared with third-parties who may provide the service. If you respond to emails we send inviting you to get quotes for other services we will explicitly inform you when other firms will be passed your details. You may opt-out of receiving our emails at any time.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
Security and storage
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your data is secure on dedicated servers held within the UK and off site to The Move Home Group. However, there may be times when the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
The Move Home Group may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
Retention of Data
The Move Home Group will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United Kingdom and process it there.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The Move Home Group relied on your consent to process your personal information
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, The Move Home Group may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
The Move Home Group may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of The Move Home Group
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We supply leads to National Residential who are members of The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice for Residential Estate Agents. General Data Protection Regulation. The Trading Standards Institute.
We have no control over their services and may receive a referral fee should you wish to sell your property through their service.
The Online National Residential Estate Agency Limited (‘National Residential’ – company number 06421548 and VAT number GB278739539) – both of registered office address Suite G13, Cheadle Place, Stockport Road, Cheadle, Cheshire SK8 2GL and both of trading address: 1 Hunters Walk, Canal Street, Chester, CH1 4EB.
The mortgage enquiries from the mortgage quote form on this website are dealt with by Notebook Money. Notebook Money is directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register No 919511.
Notebook Money Registered in England and Wales. Registration No: 11964405. Registered Office: Notebook Money, 808 Newport Road, Cardiff, CF3 4FH.
Think carefully before securing other debts against your home. As a mortgage is secured against your home, it may be repossessed if you do not keep up with repayments on your mortgage.